Firelake Manufacturing does not offer pet cremation services, however, we do manufacture the cremation/incineration equipment so that businesses can integrate a cremation offering into their services. We know there is a high demand for pet crematoriums since we get many inquiries for the service. Cremation can be a great addition to a veterinarian or farming business. A pet cremation business can also be a great start-up for entrepreneurs who love animals. With pet cremation and funerals becoming more common, the “pet loss” business is becoming more lucrative with few barriers for entry.
Getting Started in Pet Cremation
Begin planning and researching your pet cremation business. Research the rules and regulations for pet cremation for your area, as well as your market, competition, and expectations.
Determine what pet cremation services you will offer. For instance, private pet cremations, mass cremations, equine cremations, veterinary cremations, etc. This will help you determine how you will reach your potential market.
Purchase reliable and efficient pet incinerator equipment. Getting the right equipment affects your bottom line. Firelake Manufacturing has been in business since the 1950s and has been selling pet incinerators across the globe. We can be a partner in success, providing reliability, expertise, and longevity.
When choosing a cremator manufacturer, consider:
- Fuel efficiency
- Customer Service
- Cremator Maintenance
- Equipment Features
- Capacity and future growth
- The lifespan of the product (look for 15 years+)
- Local representation, cremator dealers
- Cremator ROI/Payoff
Determine your projections payoff for the pet cremation equipment, as well as your future growth plans. Consider the cost and life of the cremator, how many animals you project to process, and operating costs.
- Cremator Price (Could range from $6000 – $20,000 depending on size)
- Life of a Cremator (Firelake’s are estimated at 15 years)
- How many years would you like to pay it off in?
- How much can you net in years 1-5?
- How much can you net in years 6-15?
- How many animals will you cremate in a day/week/month/year?
- How much will you charge per animal?
- What size of animals can you accommodate? (Cats/dogs, or as large as equine)
- How much are your operating costs to process an animal?
- Fuel and electric (about 5 hours)
- Some Labor to load and unload
- Allowance for maintenance
- How can you reduce operating costs?
- Animal Separation trays allow processing two animals per load
Cremator Payoff Examples
Pet Cremation IncineratorsModel P16Model P25Model C6-200Model C12-400
The pet cremation or equine cremation business can generate financial rewards and also provide your community with a valuable resource that otherwise may not be available. If you have questions about how to integrate pet cremation into your existing business or how to start a new pet cremation business, reach out to Firelake Manufacturing. We can help you locate a local dealer, determine your ROI for the cremation equipment, and get you started. Call us today at 800-820-3391 or contact us here.Contact Us